Today is a Samsung-y type of day. They finally unveiled their next-generation foldy flippy boys and oh boy… are they foldy and flippy! We have a new, sparkly Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4. Kinda wish they had better names, not gonna lie but here we go!
Okay, lets talk about the distinction between the two, first off is the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and its features:
- A vertically folding 6.7-inch 120Hz AMOLED main display
- A smol 1.9-inch AMOLED display on the front when the full display is closed for basic info (time, notifications, etc)
- Fingerprint sensor on the side for fingy sensing
- Dual, rear facing 12-megapixel cameras
- Singular front facing 10-megapixel selfie cam
- A feature called “FlexCam” that allows for hands-free video, group selfies and even more stuff when the Z Flip 4 is half-folded like the image above
Next is onto the foldiest of phones, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and all of its foldy goodies:
- A book like, horizontal folding 7.6-inch 120Hz AMOLED display
- A slightly smaller 6.2-inch AMOLED display when closed, basically another phone in size lol
- For rear facing cameras a triple-lens setup that includes one 50-megapixel wide-angle lens, a 12mp ultra wide angle lens and a 10mp telephoto lens for zoomy zooming
- There’s also a 10-megapixel selfie cam and a 4-mp under display lens – so many cameras
- Z Fold 4 is also the first smartphone shipping with AndroidL, a foldy flippy version of Android made for foldy flippy phones
Both new phones are coming in hot with Gorilla Glass Victus+ and new, more durable aluminum frames to not explode when they touch slightly hard surfaces. They are both super fast on the processor side, with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chips and they (of course) support fast-charging and even a neat lil’ Wireless PowerShare for charging QI-based accessories. Coolio.
Pricing starts at $1,000 USD for the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and a whopping $1,800 for the Z Fold 4. Big money here, folks. You can preorder now to start your foldy flippy journey in Samsung-style.
These are some pretty cool phones, not gonna lie. Though these price tags are getting a bit out of hand. What can you do though, just gotta start folding cash like you fold phones, know what I’m sayinnnnnnn’?